October looms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

October looms

Well it's that time of year. For the next three to four weeks I'll be busy as can be. We start moving in to Bartle Hall on the 25th, rigging will take almost three days then a day and a half to carpet the hall, then about a week to build the booth. Seems like every year the intense multi tasking gets a little harder. It's really impossible for me to describe what goes on during this time. There are things coming from every direction imaginable, what was a minor inconvenience two or three weeks ago seems like a major issue for the next several weeks because even the minor things take your attention away from the major things that you absolutely have to focus on if you're going to succeed. I'm not meaning to complain, I signed on for what it all entails and I guess I'm doing something right Cerner had me sign another three year contract today. And I'll get through just like always and look back, breath deep and chalk up another one. This will be number 19, sure never thought it would go this long but it's been a great ride and I wouldn't change any of it.

If you don't see me around for spells it means I'm hustling or collapsed somewhere Seems insane but this is what it's all about. This is the thrill that gets the blood pumping. It's the same with Cori and now with Steven. Everybody loves the intensity of being on the floor, getting it done. I guess if you don't love it you need to do something else because it's going to eat you up and spit you out.
tm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

October looms :: Comments

Post on 9/13/2013, 1:46 am by Sway

Congratulations on your new contract!  
It's great when you love what you do, and like all jobs, there are always pros and cons and ups and downs.  All worth it though when the reward is ultimately and successfully reaching each goal.  As you say, in the end, it's the satisfaction and "thrill" you have when all is said and done.
Good luck, all the best and do take some time to be good to yourself. That's important too!

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/22/2013, 12:36 am by tm

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/22/2013, 12:37 am by tm

This is what I ended up going with for the new business cards.

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/22/2013, 1:53 am by Sway

Looks great!

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/22/2013, 8:41 pm by tm

Thanks Sway, so far all of the people who will be getting them say they like them a lot. I'm pretty happy with them myself.

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/22/2013, 8:57 pm by LindyLou

Very nice.I may have a contact you can hand one of those to. Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/22/2013, 9:06 pm by tm

Cool.

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/22/2013, 9:19 pm by LindyLou

Check your mail.

Back to top Go down

Post on 9/30/2013, 10:44 pm by tm

Well this project is just starting and I'm feeling like I just got my butt kicked. Things are ugly. Oh we will all survive and it will all be awesome when it's done but man it's tough this year. Lot of personnel changes, lot's of new faces who don't know their way around. Between that and the workload increasing probably 20%, it's a workin' on this old man.

Don't worry too much though, I will win in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post on 10/2/2013, 11:51 pm by tm

Doesn't look like much yet but it is starting to take shape. Opens Sunday so there is still MUCH to do.

Back to top Go down

Post on 10/3/2013, 10:35 am by LindyLou

Looking good,TM.

Back to top Go down

Post on 10/6/2013, 10:56 pm by tm

Pics in a day or so. 20 hrs yesterday and still at it today.

Back to top Go down

Post on 10/8/2013, 8:42 pm by tm

Here are pics of what I've been doing lately. The pass word is

mychc2013  I'm sure I will be adding pics but here it is so far.

http://s39.photobucket.com/user/czar536/library/My%20CHC%202013?sort=3&evt=email_share&page=1

Back to top Go down

Post on 10/9/2013, 12:08 am by Sway

Looks great, and sure looks like a lot of folks are taking advantage of what it has to offer.

Back to top Go down

Post on 10/13/2013, 10:54 pm by tm

I just added about another 50 pics or so. Most pretty boring. More a documentary of properties and sets. You wouldn't believe the people that call six months from now and say " We want that set that was at CHC in such and such spot with the blue chairs. " Oh yeah, I'm all over that like I actually remember blue chairs much less what they were next to.

Really glad this one is over except the warehouse mess. It was a tough year, it's been a long time since there was a need to put in a twenty hour Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post on 10/13/2013, 11:59 pm by Sway

Hope you can get some rest. Surely, you deserve R&R after all this.
Phew!!

Back to top Go down

Post on 10/25/2013, 8:52 pm by tm

Well not much resting going on but at least it keeps one out of trouble. We are at the Napa Reserve Winery and it's a quite nice area. Grapes abound, they area lot of folks front yard. And the way they roll over the hills is really cool. Tear down tomorrow night at 11 pm and head out Sunday morn. Then it's three maybe 4 days home.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum