On The Porch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wedding

Go down

Wedding Empty Re: Wedding

Well tomorrow I perform my first and last marriage. I'm still not completely sure how I feel about it. A part of me says this should be a real Minister not just a guy with a piece of paper. The other side says about half of the "real" ministers out there are no better and no closer to God. I think the reason I'm going ahead with it is because I don't believe some smuck up there saying the right words will make or break a marriage. If God is in it Bugs Bunny could say the words and it will last forever and if He isn't Billy Graham saying those same words still would not keep them together.

I want to make a couple jokes but the wife says that I shouldn't make a joke of it. I say making the crowd laugh isn't making a joke of the marriage. My plan is to start the ceremony with something like,

" Friends, Romans and countrymen" Then shake my head and wad up a piece of paper and toss it behind me like it was the wrong speech. Of course I will go on to say that marriage is a sacred covenant and that I don't mean it should be entered into without serious though and discussion between the two. Not sure I'll do it but then I'm not sure I won't.
tm
tm

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Wedding :: Comments

Sway

Post 9/14/2013, 2:12 am by Sway

Yep, should be very serious discussion beforehand. I think believing it's a sacred union, partnership and true commitment is a good start.
Bet you will do just fine.

Back to top Go down

LindyLou

Post 9/14/2013, 9:31 am by LindyLou

They ask you to perform their wedding ceremony.I say they will be truly happy whatever falls from your lips.(other than teeth)
I can't remember what uncle Thomas said to Chuck and I.It doesn't matter we loved him so much and thats what I will always cherish.The best to you and them,"Uncle Bob"

Back to top Go down

tm

Post 9/15/2013, 12:58 am by tm

Well everything came together very well. Seemed like it took forever to get going and at the very first I was nervous as a cat on 4th of July. Stumbled through the part about who gives this woman, just didn't flow very well. Once we got into the ceremony and I was reading the script, everything went pretty well. The only time I came close to breaking up was when the groom started tearing up as he was giving his vows. I know Brandon pretty well, he's done quite a few shows for me and I could see it, he was so emotional with each vow. I had to focus on reading and try not to focus on them as far as how they were feeling. Bad part was I had to look at him to make sure when he finished repeating a line. Between his voice being at a whisper which I don't think he had much control over, and the fact that I can't hear squat, I had to watch.

When it was all said and done everyone was pleased as best I could tell. The bride and groom were without a doubt and that's the only ones I really was trying to make happy.

Pictures coming soon.

Back to top Go down

tm

Post 9/15/2013, 1:36 am by tm

Wedding Eampb5_zps95bf65b0

Wedding Eampb1_zpsd47e70c7

Wedding DSCN3428_zpsde301227

Back to top Go down

tm

Post 9/15/2013, 1:50 am by tm

Me and my Buddy at the after wedding dinner:

Wedding Mampk_zpsc80c2778

Wedding Mampk1_zps69153e88

Back to top Go down

LindyLou

Post 9/15/2013, 10:11 am by LindyLou

Awe,Love the pics.Glad everything went so well.This will strengthen their relationship,knowing that God approves.
Loved seeing the dog there with them too!
Mr.Kaden is growing and obviously a PaPa's boy.
What a great day for everyone and some beautiful memories.

Back to top Go down

Sway

Post 9/15/2013, 10:21 pm by Sway

A beautiful day for a beautiful couple.
Love the setting, your little "Buddy" sure is looking good!!
He sure is precious.
Best wishes to the couple for blessed, happy, and long life together.

Back to top Go down

Water

Post 9/25/2013, 10:00 am by Water

Still stumbling around and just now realized that "Wedding" was a link to all of this :/

Good job dad ! I did this same thing ONE TIME about 30 years ago with my Sis-in-law and new brother-in-law.

Sounds like it went very fine and the photos are great. And yes, Kaden is growing a pinch everytime we blink = ).....Thanks for sharing this part of your life with us TM !

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum